วันจันทร์ที่ 22 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2556
Som Tam (Thai Papaya Salad)
Som tam ' spicy papaya salad ' comes from northeast Thailand, but it's reached near-cult status throughout the rest of the country. Slight regional differences in ingredients means placement on the sweet-or-sour scale may vary greatly between restaurants. Common to all recipes is shredded green papaya and a healthy dose of heat. Barbequed chicken and lumps of sticky rice are the perfect companions.
Papaya salad has three basic types:
- Som Tam Thai, which has roasted peanuts mixed in it. (this recipe)
- Som Tam Bu, which has pickled crabs pounded in it.
- Som Tam Lao, which has the juice of pickled mud-fish in it.
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 chilies - or as much as you like.
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup tomatos
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons palm sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 cups of shredded green papaya
- Shred green papaya
- Slice tomatos
- Chop green beans
- Slice Lime
- Put garlic and chili peppers into mortar, smash it into small pieces
- Add peanuts, smash it into small pieces
- Add palm sugar, pound it until it mixes well together
- Add lime, fish sauce, pound it until it mixes well
- Add green papaya and green bean and pound until it mixes well
- Garnish with roasted peanuts